From the good folks at T.E.A.C.H.:
LOOKING FOR A GREAT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY? Be an Anti-Homophobia Warrior! Meet new people, learn new skills and fight homophobia.
VOLUNTEER WITH T.E.A.C.H. AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD TORONTO!
T.E.A.C.H. is recruiting youth volunteers ages 16-23 from diverse backgrounds who are lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer and straight to fight against discrimination and hate.
Teens Educating and Confronting Homophobia (T.E.A.C.H.) is a dynamic group of youth who facilitate anti-homophobia workshops in schools, community centres, shelters and group homes to challenge the myth and attitudes that lead to homophobia and discrimination.
• free training including learning public speaking, facilitation, story telling and organizational skills (skills you can use in many jobs!)
• a chance to work with an amazing group of youth volunteers
• a chance to educate around issues of homophobia and heterosexism
• TTC tokens
• lots of support, resources and fun
• the satisfaction of supporting a great cause (priceless!)
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN?
• a one year volunteer commitment that includes completing 25 hours of training in October/November
• attending biweekly meetings
• a willingness to work with and learn from others
Apply now at: http://www.ppt.on.ca/volunteer_teach.asp
The next FREE training starts October 2009!
We will be holding interviews the last week of August and the first week of September!
If you have any question or want to learn more about T.E.A.C.H. and our volunteer opportunities email email@example.com, or call 416.961.0113 x157