Shameless is excited to be attending this event – look for Julia and Sarah at the Shameless table and come say hi, buy a magazine and check out some merch!
PLEASE NOTE: The venue has a few stairs leading to the entrance and is not wheelchair-accessible.
Join 100+ stylish scavengers in Leslieville for the next edition of Uber-SWAP, our used & vintage clothing exchange! (Facebook event page here.)
Expect a thriftshop-style swap boasting a tempting stash of gently used, vintage & even some new clothing, accessories & footwear.
Bring a bag, take a bag!
NOTE: The main focus is on women’s fashions, but men’s items are also very welcome (no kid’s clothing or toys, please).
Save-the-date & please help spread the word re: this eco-fab & frugal event!
Saturday, January 21
Queen St East Presbyterian Church
947 Queen St East at Carlaw, Toronto, ON
$6 for Advance/Early-Bird tickets + your swap loot (limited number avail.)
$10 at the door
(+ your bag of gently used/vintage clothing)
Note: Those who contribute their loot in advance will be entered into a draw for a $50 Nathalie-Roze & Co. store credit!
1. Participants are expected to contribute a minimum of 1 tote bag of decent cast-offs (8 to 10 items). Swap loot must be dropped off by Jan, 20th, in order to purchase a $6 advance ticket (vs. $10 at the door day-of).
2. No damaged or dirty items, please ~ only bring clean/decent quality clothing & accessories to the SWAP
3. Each participant can leave with 1 large tote or 2 grocery bags of wearables (a significant haul per person!). Bags will be provided.
1. All leftover items will be donated to Double-Take, the Yonge Street Mission’s thrift shop at 310 Gerrard St. East (near Parliament), which raises money for various East-End social service programs.
2. A portion of the admission fee will benefit our underwear drive for Red Door Shelter & South Riverdale Health Centre.
~ Tons of clothing, shoes, bags & accessories (incl. some vintage & maternity items)
~ A table of fabric & craft supplies
~ A few *new* indie designer gems hidden in the piles from our shop (yay!)
What You Can Expect:
~ clothing & accessories divided into categories (eg. tops, shoes, coats, etc.)
~ a bit of chaos, but lots of fun too
~ mirrors on-site, but no private change rooms, so please dress accordingly (wear leggings or layers)
DO BRING this kind of stuff:
~ jackets ~ tops ~ sweaters ~ skirts ~ jeans ~ dresses ~ hats ~ scarves ~ bags ~ PJs ~ shoes & boots ~ belts ~ active wear ~ purses ~ pants
~ costume jewellery ~ fabric & craft supplies
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
~ home decor ~ books & mags ~ baby or kid stuff ~ furniture ~ toys
Feel free to post any queries on the event wall or call the shop at:
See you at Uber-SWAP on January 21st for some eco-friendly fun!
Bye for now,
Nathalie-Roze, Ashleigh, Shannon, Laura & Anneke :]